Bookmark and Share
Join Our Email List
Email:
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Rabbi Arthur Segal’s love of people, humanity, and Judaism has him sharing with others “The Wisdom of the Ages” that has been passed on to him. His writings for modern Jews offer Spiritual, Ethical, and eco-Judaic lessons in plain English and with relevance to contemporary lifestyles. He is the author of countless articles, editorials, letters, and blog posts, and he has recently published two books:

The Handbook to Jewish Spiritual Renewal: A Path of Transformation for the Modern Jew

and

A Spiritual and Ethical Compendium to the Torah and Talmud

You can learn more about these books at:

www.JewishSpiritualRenewal.org
ALL ENTRIES ARE (C) AND PUBLISHED BY RABBI ARTHUR SEGAL JEWISH SPIRITUAL RENEWAL, INC, AND NOT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYEE OF SAID CORPORATION. THIS APPLIES TO 3 OTHER BLOGS (CHUMASH, ECO, SPIRITUALITY) AND WEB SITES PUBLISHED BY SAID CORPORATION.
Religion Blogs - Blog Rankings

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RABBI ARTHUR SEGAL:Jewish Spiritual Renewal: A Student's Comment of Her Progress

 
RABBI ARTHUR SEGAL:Jewish Spiritual Renewal: A Student's Comment of Her Progress, Hebrew College, MA, USA
 
Shalom:
 
The below is an email received today from one of your fellow classmates on how she has put the lessons learned in Jewish Spiritual Renewal into action and her results. (Her name and email have been redacted.)
 
As we've discussed the technique is not new, it pre dates the Talmud. We are just able now to distill it into modern simpler terms, without archaic ritual. It will hopefully help you, and those congregants of yours, wishing for a closer relationship to God and a life filled with spirituality.
 
I was happy to read this.
 
Many blessings to you all.
Rabbi Arthur Segal
Hebrew College
Newton Centre, MA, USA
via Shamash Org on-line class
 
 
Dear Rabbi Arthur,
Thanks for your classes. You are affecting a
lot of people, and God is working through you in so many ways.  Bless you.

These days have been growing for me in trust in God, faith, and peace inside.
I pray every day, in many ways, at many times.  I have followed your advice
to offer it all to God and ask to walk in his way and do his will.  This is a
deep commitment, and I ask always for help in renewing and understanding it
more. I continued reading in psalms, and keep the Torah close to me.  I've
been attending services and listening to a variety of voices sharing the word
of God.  I'm attending a special study for women on Wednesday nights 
and am working hard on my own way of being in
my marriage.  I will let understanding of what is best grow out of a better
understanding of God, and my choices will be better.

The past weeks have been another heavy stretch at work, and I can tell you
that there are 80, 90, 100 things that had to happen in a certain order at a
certain time to make internships, contracts, orientation, registration and
more happen, and they all stepped in line, one after the other.  God made it
work, and is trying to help me see that I can trust him for all of it.  I'm
not there yet, because I have a long history of fear, particularly fear of
loss, and I am praying to let go of it with God's help.  Since I can't do it
all myself, why should I be foolish and pretend I can?  I am also following
your advice to pray for right direction in all choices -- food, sleep, taking
care of myself, and that is getting better slowly too.  I want to grow into a
better variation of this person, with God's help.

Even when I have not sent any shares before to class, your words, advice and caring are
helping me, and I will try to communicate more. We are all in this together.
Much shalom for you.
D__________

The SPIRITUALRENEWAL mailing list is hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies.

To unsubscribe email SPIRITUALRENEWAL-unsubscribe-request@SHAMASH.ORG
For other options go to: http://listserv.SHAMASH.ORG/









Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.