Bookmark and Share
Join Our Email List
Email:
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Rabbi Arthur Segal’s love of people, humanity, and Judaism has him sharing with others “The Wisdom of the Ages” that has been passed on to him. His writings for modern Jews offer Spiritual, Ethical, and eco-Judaic lessons in plain English and with relevance to contemporary lifestyles. He is the author of countless articles, editorials, letters, and blog posts, and he has recently published two books:

The Handbook to Jewish Spiritual Renewal: A Path of Transformation for the Modern Jew

and

A Spiritual and Ethical Compendium to the Torah and Talmud

You can learn more about these books at:

www.JewishSpiritualRenewal.org
ALL ENTRIES ARE (C) AND PUBLISHED BY RABBI ARTHUR SEGAL JEWISH SPIRITUAL RENEWAL, INC, AND NOT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYEE OF SAID CORPORATION. THIS APPLIES TO 3 OTHER BLOGS (CHUMASH, ECO, SPIRITUALITY) AND WEB SITES PUBLISHED BY SAID CORPORATION.
Religion Blogs - Blog Rankings

Monday, September 8, 2008

RABBI ARTHUR SEGAL:JEWISH RENEWAL:JEWISH SPIRITUAL RENEWAL:VIDUI:TASHLICH:

 
RABBI ARTHUR SEGAL:JEWISH SPIRITUAL RENEWAL; VIDUI:JEWISH CONFESSION:TASHLICH--casting away, removing, our defects and our sins
 
Shalom:
Here is an email from a Talmid, Marco, who did his Chesbon ha Nefesh,(accounting of his soul, his moral inventory)  did his Vidui, (Jewish Confession), and is now ready to do the next step of Jewish Spiritual Renewal, Tashlich, throwing his sins and defects symbolically on the water and asking God to take them from him. RABBI ARTHUR SEGAL:JEWISH SPIRITUAL RENEWAL:TASHLICH:GETTING RID OF DEFECTS
 
The program of renewal, or return, or teshuvah, is ancient, and works.
 
Blessings,
Rabbi Arthur Segal
Hebrew College
Newton Centre, MA, USA
via Shamash Org on line class
Hilton Head Island, SC
Bluffton, SC
JEWISH SPIRITUAL RENEWAL
JEWISH RENEWAL
_____
 
Dear Rabbi Segal:
 
Just a short note to say I went over my Chesbon Ha Nefesh with my rabbi who I trust. He is a spiritual man.
 
I felt like a weight was taken from my shoulders. Years of guilt left me. Like you said, he had heard it all before and worse.
 
 I am now going to follow the class work you sent today ***and make sure I find my defects and my sins bad to me. And make sure I want them out of my life. Then I will go to the ocean, with a box of matzah, as  a few pieces won't do for my Chesbon :-), and a highlighter pen, and my list, and cast these sins onto the water.
 
 I will do the prayers and psalms with kavenah, and ask God to take these defects from what I hope will be my past from me.
 
So far every step you have taught me has come true.
 
The only hard part about vidui was dialing the phone and making the appointment. Even when I made the appointment, a shalom came over me like never before.
 
Thank you so much!!
Shalom,

The SPIRITUALRENEWAL mailing list is hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies.

To unsubscribe email SPIRITUALRENEWAL-unsubscribe-request@SHAMASH.ORG
For other options go to:
http://listserv.SHAMASH.ORG/